Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Looking To A New Tomorrow

When we come to the closing of a year and the beginning of a new one, its the time we can reflect, remember and gain new hope for things ahead. I like to do end-of-the-year posts, but 2013 was not the greatest of years in many respects. I wish I could go back to the beginning of it and change its course but I cannot, so I've decided I just won't reflect over it. There's really nothing I'd like to share of it, just that I have had a difficult time in many areas of my life personally and the lives closest to me.
To be honest, I've never looked so forward to the beginning of a new year as I have this time around, with 2014 around the corner of just a few days, it brings new hope and new goals.
My ultimate prayer for this coming year is to grow daily in my walk with the Lord and to trust in Him. Listening and watching always for His direction in my life. To be His hands, feet and voice in a world that shuts Him out. To shine His light and grace. I want to bless others, to speak His truth, to be in a prayerful spirit always, and to worship Him and Glorify His name!
I do not know what the Lord has planned for my life this year, no doubt it will change as it does with each new day we live, but my desire is that it would change to the glorification of my Lord. I want my desires, dreams, and inspiration to be completely in line with His heart and plan for my life.
I've grown greatly in my walk with Christ since June this year! I am very grateful for His patience and direction in my heart and the love He shows me every day.
So as I sit here and think on how in just a few days we'll celebrate a new year, I look forward to the new tomorrow it brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment