Wednesday, May 1, 2013

A full calendar

Sorry for my absence here the last while and I wish I could say it will get better but unfortunately all I can say is that my calendar is full right now and I am focusing on planning papers, emails and phone calls ;) I am putting together a fundraising yard sale for a family at our Church who are adopting a child or children from Ethiopia! You may be wondering how much work can a yard sale actually be?! There are indeed many details involved...from getting donations from everyone that we can, to organizing a bake sale and lunch stand, to getting the necessary things like canopies and tables, and then of course all the going through things part which I will be starting to embark upon tomorrow! Should be fun right? :/
Besides that I have also been given the great pleasure of being asked to be a day-of coordinate for two weddings coming up in June. I meet with one of the gals I will be doing a little more then just day-of planning for on Saturday to disguise the details! I am so excited :) It has long been my desire to become an official event and wedding planner but some things just take me time to actually decide upon (ok...nearly everything does :-P). Since the great joy of planning my sisters wedding last year, I have been able to really get a feel for this and love it...oh, the details, I LOVE them! :) Anyhow, the Lord has really blessed me with the talent and ability to plan and work with details and I am happy to use that to help others when they need it, and especially with weddings because I know how that time flies and you want to spend it with your fiancé, your family and your friends and not be constantly sweating over how things are! I'll do the sweating for you...cause I love it!!
Anyways, didn't plan on going on like that but there you have it!

If you live in the area here in Alaska (in the Matsu valley) then come visit us on May 17th and 18th at Farm Loop Christian Center between 9am-5pm! We will also be having a lunch stand (open between 11am-3pm), a bake sale and homemade ice cream!!
And from wherever you are you can be praying that we have good weather for the event!
I'll be back hopefully soon ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment