Friday, July 5, 2013

Modest Wardrobe #2

Hope everyone is having a blessed week!
I will be explaining what being a Godly, feminine and modest lady means to me in the next 10 Modest Wardrobe posts! I have really been studying and praying about this and my hope is that through my sharing these next several weeks that it would be a blessing and encouragement. Please at any point feel free to leave a comment expressing your own convictions, asking questions, or giving some encouragement which is always nice for everyone ;) 
This week I'll start with what I believe is the root of all that follows...
Faith of the Heart
"But the Lord said unto Samuel, Look not on his countenance, or on the height of his statue; because I have refused him: for the Lord seeth not as man seeth; for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the Lord looketh on the heart." 1 Samuel 16:7

So often when talking about modesty and femininity we quote this verse, and so often I believe we use it more as an escape to dress as we please for 'only the heart is what matters'. However since we are not speaking of the specifics of how to dress this week, we will use this verse just the way it is written!
The most important part of our walk with Christ is the secret walk that no one can see, it is easy to deceive by our actions but no one can deceive God and He knows what is within the heart. The test of all is what our life is like in secret, being a person of integrity....doing what is right even when no one is watching or listening.
"Better is the poor that walks in his integrity, than he that is perverse in his lips, and is a fool." Proverbs 19:1 
I haven't always been innocent in following Christ and having my own faith from the heart, but I have begun anew and I have found that while increasing my faith it has become my prayer to have more wisdom. I want to be close to the Lord, and I want to understand what His Will is for my life and how to follow Him in all things. I pray for the wisdom to determine what the wrongs and rights are in my everyday life, to clean out the unhealthy things within me to be holy before Him. I love the promise in James..."If any man lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, that gives to all men liberally, and reproaches not; and it shall be given him." James 1:5 Just while praying about writing these posts I quoted this verse and asked for wisdom, wouldn't you agree we all need more of it?
I believe it is so important to know who you are in Christ. To know where you stand before Him. To have an intimate, precious relationship with Christ. To have faith like a mustard seed and to follow the Lord with all your heart in order to keep it with all diligence.
"Keep your heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." Proverbs 4:23
So though there are many more things to ponder and pray over within this "being a lady" subject, I believe this is the root of it all. The only thing I ask is that you make sure your faith of the heart is right before Christ's eyes and the rest will follow into play!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
What I wore...

sorry about the quality of these pictures...
This is one of my very favorite skirts EVER, I scored it at a black friday sale last year! Im wearing it with my purple turtle neck and a new cream top I just got from a thrift store. This is a very comfy and casual outfit that I love to wear.
Activity of the day:: Cleaning house and doing some quick errands in town with Harmony!

Please feel free to pin any of my outfit pins to Pinterest, please make sure to leave my name and blog address in the caption. 
Have a blessed evening my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment