Thursday, August 1, 2013

Modest Wardrobe #4

Femininity on the Outside

I like to talk about being feminine on the outside as I enjoy wearing skirts, feeling elegant and lady-like. I do know however that not everyone would agree with me, some women find it difficult to be feminine all the time. Not to worry, I know it can be difficult but I also know that it is possible...and needed, I if I may add! 
Being  feminine does indeed have alot to do with if we dress like a lady. Deuteronomy 22:5 states that "The women shall not wear that which pertains unto a man, neither shall a man put on a women's garment; for all that do so are abomination unto the Lord your God." I know customs have changed over the many years, but in our day today men's garment is obviously pants and everyone associates a skirt/dress as a woman's garment. This is also a great way to be a light for Christ, and believe me as someone who wears skirts at all times...people will notice and ask.
"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in Heaven." Matthew 5:16 Although it is Christ's light within us that shines, we still have the responsibility to live in a way that allows it to shine. There are many ways we can allow that light to shine that don't leave it up to our clothing alone. We can let our light shine by our words...
"Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers." Ephesians 4:29. Am I the only one who struggles with this? I think this is something alot of us could work on. Its important to be a good testimony when we are out in public and also when we are at home. Another way we can let our light shine is by our attitude...
"Do all things without murmurings and disputing: that all of you may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom you shine as lights in the world." Philippians 2:14-15 As women, it is our duty to live with meek and nourishing spirits and to have a contented countenance at all times. This is so important I think as we tend to be emotional and sensitive, we should try to have a polite and kind attitude all the time, no matter how we're feeling.
We should also allow our light to shine by our deeds...
"I have showed you all things, how that so laboring all of you ought to support the weak, and to remember the words of the Lord Jesus, how he said, It is more blessed to give then to receive."
Acts 20:35 One of the biggest things that leave an impression in people's minds is sacrifice. There are many areas in which we can give in service, we can serve our families, our churches, our community and ultimately our Saviour through it all. The giving of one's time, of one's energy or gifts, of one's wishes and dreams can be so God-glorifying and is a true testimony of our love for Someone greater then ourselves. 
Seeing a women in the grocery store who has all of the above in check and presenting herself as a true lady of God in clothing, speech, attitude, and deed is such a wonderful testimony for Him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
What I wore...

The under shirt I have had for a little while now, got it to go with a different outfit this Spring.
And the skirt and top blouse came from my sister Heather as a pass-alongs!

Activity of the day:: Working the shop!

Please feel free to pin any of these pictures to Pinterest, just put my blog address in the caption please.

Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment