Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Modest Wardrobe #5


~Unpopular Modesty Beliefs~
So I know this week's post may ruffle some feathers, but I wanted to share with all of you what I believe. These things are just as important to me as any of the past or future other posts on modest wardrobe.
Before I begin I want to start by saying that unlike many people may think, these beliefs are not forced upon me, nor am I convicted in these things because I was raised this way. It is simply this...I love the Lord very dearly and have prayed about this and have felt His leading in my life to follow Him in these areas (plus many more:). And whether or not it is easy I am happy to follow Christ's leading in my life and do so contentedly!
I have shared with you what I believe the inward adorning should be, but today I'm focusing more on the outward adorning. I've divided it into about 4 different areas of outward adornment but something I'd like to say of them all...no matter what our outward adorning is, it should always be in humility, glorifying to Christ and never with the desire to draw attention to one's self.

Clothing:: Just visit my Pinterest board, it about covers that :) No, in all seriousness this is a matter I've always been passionate about. As you have probably been able to gather, I do indeed wear skirts/dresses at all times.
"In like manner also, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with reverence; not with braided hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array; but (which becomes women professing godliness with good works." 1 Timothy 2:9-10
I talked about how I believe skirts are more feminine in my Feminine on the Outside wardrobe post, but I also believe that skirts are more modest then pants. They are looser and fuller then pants allow and they don't draw the eyes to any particular parts of the body. However, this is not to condone all skirts out there, there are many that I do not consider modest.
Another thing I always try to make sure is that my tops are not to tight-fitting, figure-shaped, too low or too eye-catching. I also always where a second layer underneath any top as it gives an extra layer of modesty...plus its funner to coordinate outfits like that :)

Hair/Head-covering:: I think we often get more focused making ourselves feel more beautiful (which is natural to some degree), but to be carried away in these desires is dangerous. 1 Timothy 2:9 and 1 Peter 3:3 both state to not let the women's adorning be 'of braided the hair' or 'not with braided hair' I think it is important to not spend our time/money in fancying up our hair. God gave each women the hair she was meant to have, and we are all the more beautiful for it. His plan is always perfect, why would we want to change it?
"Every man praying or prophesying, having his head covered, dishonoureth his head. But every woman that prayeth or prophesieth with her head uncovered dishonoureth her head: for that is even all one as if she were shaven. For if the woman be not covered, let her also be shorn: but if it be a shame for woman to be shorn or shaven, let her be covered. For a man indeed ought not to cover his head, forasmuch as he is the image and glory of God: but the woman is the glory of the man. For the man is not of the woman: but the woman of the man." 1 Corinthians 11:4-8
  And there you have it, why I believe in wearing the head-covering. Why I believe in wearing it all the time is because it says when praying or prophesying, and though I could put it on most of the time when I'm praying, I have found that I pray often throughout the day for guidance, prayer requests, ect. Whatever the case, I believe it is right to always stay within the spirit of prayer, praying without ceasing as it states in 1 Thessalonians 5:17

Make-Up:: To be honest, I do wear some foundation make up but I have always drawn the line there. I really believe the Lord has made everyone beautiful and adding all the different make-up almost is saying you don't think He did a good enough job. And it's bringing attention to one's self, rather then focusing it on others! This also is pretty much what I believe for jewelry, I do believe wedding rings are appropriate and are many times a good thing, but I do think there is a fine line to draw there as well.
And that about wraps that portion up! Now it's off to get some pictures of the day...you know that is the hardest part of these modest wardrobe posts, I always forget throughout the day and never feel like it at the end!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
What I wore::


This is a new favorite fall-ish outfit! As it gets closer to fall I've been putting together different pieces of clothing that make nice fall outfits. This sweater goes well with a cranberry colored skirt I have as well making another fall outfit ;)
This turtle neck I got last year on sale from FredMeyers, the sweater was a score that I pulled from the yard sale items this Spring, and the skirt was passed on to me by one of my sisters I believe! 
Activity of the day:: Working the shop!
~~~~~~~~
Im sorry I've been absent with the Modest Wardrobe posts...I have alot going on right now ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment